This site is run entirely by volunteers. We do it for fun, and because we love the game that it sources from. Not only that, but it gives us real experience in writing news, which is highly transferable in the real world. Furthermore, staff members are more than just that – we are all members of a co-operative organisation. You get a voice in the decisions we make, including through holding our senior leadership to account.
If you are interested in joining, we have a form just for that, and we are looking for anyone, of any experience level, to join us in our Content, Graphics & Publishing, Human Resources, Public Relations, and Technology & Development teams. If you believe in what we want to achieve, don’t hesitate to jump in. You should also join our Discord, which is where we chat and discuss our work.
Read before you apply
- Discord is required to volunteer with us. We use it every day, and our server is where we co-ordinate, submit and edit articles, and make decisions. Join it here.
- When we receive your application, one of the Board will review it as soon as possible. This is usually within 24 hours. You will subsequently be contacted in the Discord server.
- We will then conduct a brief interview with you, which will include questions on your experience and time in NationStates. Further screening may occur in select cases.
- The Board will discuss your interview and application, and a decision will be made on your application. In the case your application is rejected at this stage, you will be notified in a timely manner.
- We reserve the right to reject your application for any reason, however, there are some key reasons you may not reach interview or be rejected after your interview:
- You are a member of an extreme region or community. This includes a fascist, bigoted, or otherwise extremist community that is against our ethos.
- It appears that you lied on your application or in your interview.
- We have concerns that you may damage our reputation as a result of your membership.